How SIT Aids Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund in Distributing Help to Those Who Need It
Melissa, Santiam Service Integration Coordinator, is answering some of our community’s most frequently asked questions regarding the role of SIT in conjunction with Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund and how they are able to help those in need with the funding that has been donated by those here in our community.
Santiam Service Integration Program, located temporarily at Anthony Hall can help survivors of the wildfire with the following:
- Assist households with appealing FEMA
- Connecting households with supports for insurance navigation
- Provide disaster case management for families and individuals who have been displaced from their primary residence
- Assist in durable medical equipment replacements (eye glasses, wheelchairs, scooters, hearing aids, dentures, etc.)
- Apply for Oregon Health Plan on the behalf of households
- Onsite services for SNAP (food benefits), TANF (cash assistance), and other state programs.
- Assist individuals in applying for unemployment benefits
- Assist households in applying for low income housing opportunities
- Assist with connecting households to funds for deposit and first month’s rent.
- Assist in furniture replacement
- Advocate to SCWRF for funding requests beyond our allowable amount
- Potential Items available via SIT
- Gas Cards
- Misc. Gift Cards
- Eye Glass Vouchers
- Laundry Vouchers
- Space Heaters
- Hygiene Items
- Pet Food
- Kitchen Items
- Camp Stoves
- Baby Items
- Toilet Paper-Paper Towels
If there is an item a household needs and cannot find at our donation center, it is possible SIT could offer gift cards to help with those items.
For specific or unique needs, feel free to contact the SIT group at 503-769-9319 or firstname.lastname@example.org